Clean and care tips for your glasses
We recommend following these simple steps for cleaning and taking care of your new glasses:
- Always carry your glasses in their case to avoid breaking or scratching them.
- Try to use both hands to put your glasses on and to take them off. This will help maintain their original shape.
- Clean your glasses with the provided cloth and cleaning spray. To avoid scratching your lenses, try not to clean them when they are dry.
- If your feel your glasses need a stronger clean, run the lenses under warm (not hot) running water. Then dip them in soapy water and rub them gently with your fingers. A gentle dish-washing liquid makes a good cleanser. After that, rinse them to wash away dirt and oil, then dry your lenses with your cleaning cloth. Please do not put your glasses in your dishwasher.
- If the temples (arms) feel a bit loose on your face or around your ears, please bring them into us and we will tighten them for you, free of charge.
- A lot of spectacles are held together by tiny screws. Whilst we try to lock these in as tight as possible, the screws can sometimes loosen. If you notice any of the screws are loose, come into Aspley Optical House for a free tighten, clean and adjustment.
- Place your glasses lens down on a surface as you may scratch the lens by doing this
- Use household cleaners, disinfectants, acetone or soaps with cream to clean your glasses.
- Expose your glasses to products such as hairspray and perfume, as these products can damage the lens coating.
- Expose your lenses to hot temperatures as it can damage the lens coating (for example, do not leave your glasses on your car dashboard).
We hope you found these clean and care tips helpful. If you have any further queries or concerns regarding your new glasses, please come in and see us.